Building Resilience & Preventing Therapist Burnout
“My Schemas & Me: Building Resilience & Working with the Body in Reducing Stress & Burnout “
Working with Schemas, Stress-Mindsets, Breath & Bodywork
How do our own schemas influence our work performance & the way we manage our stress levels? What actions can we as clinicians take to manage burnout, fatigue & improve work satisfaction?
This online zoom workshop provides an opportunity for therapists to develop self-awareness into the effects of their own underlying schemas & modes in the work setting, & the ways in which these are linked both to burnout & resilience. Participants will explore the impact of schemas and unmet emotional needs on their own well-being and quality of life, whilst exploring ways of strengthening their Resilient Healthy Self in the context of their work environment.
This workshop will give participants the opportunity to practice different ways to build regular restorative practices (including breathing techniques, movement, micro-pauses) into their everyday work-life, in order to maintain equilibrium and build resilience. In the workshop a connection is being made between basic needs & bodily sensations, with helpful exercises to integrate these ideas into daily routines. Drawing on the available research on this topic, this workshop will enable participants to reflect on how they can better take care of themselves and build resilience.
The following topics will be covered:
- Identifying schemas and modes that undermine therapist wellbeing and drive burnout
- Stuck points and difficulties encountered in therapy – how are your schemas involved?
- Strengthening a more resilient Healthy Adult self in the work setting.
- Opportunities to discover your own stress signature and explore ways of tuning into your own body signals
- Use of micro-restorative practices to enhance well-being and resilience from the inside out
- Breath and movement to counteract stress and build ’embodied resilience’
Whilst this workshop will highlight some important scientific findings, the primary focus will be on giving participants the chance to learn and try out some of our exercises. We aim to focus on building restorative energy in our daily professional and personal life.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is suitable for a range of professionals who practice psychotherapy, including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists, nurse therapists, and anyone working in mental health.
£299 (Early Bird Rate until 15/10/22), then £340